There may be several reasons why the cryptocurrency you deposited in your VirgoCX account is missing or delayed.
- Unusual traffic on the blockchain
- Peak traffic on a blockchain network generates delays, a backlog of transactions, and higher transaction fees. When demand outnumbers supply, miners have the authority to prioritize select orders for execution. Transaction fees do not determine execution priority.
- Unsupported network used
- Currently, VirgoCX supports the ERC-20 network to transfer ERC-20 tokens We recently enabled multichain support for select coins. Transferring other cryptocurrencies requires using their respective mainnets. For ERC-20 tokens, transactions not originating from the ERC-20 network will result in funds not appearing in the account.
- Incorrect wallet address entered
- Entering a valid wallet address that was not the intended address for receiving the funds will still be processed. Unless the wallet address owner is a known contact of yours, the funds will be unretrievable. Please ensure the wallet address entered is correct before sending.
- Incorrect currency type deposited
- Mismatching currency type to wallet address results in loss of funds. For example, depositing Bitcoin Cash (BCH) to your Bitcoin (BTC) address.
- Unsupported coin sent
- If you have sent a coin that VirgoCX currently does not support, we are not able to accept the deposit. For coins previously supported and now delisted from VirgoCX; funds will not appear in your VirgoCX account. Please refer to this article for the full list of cryptocurrencies that can be traded on VirgoCX.
- Gas fee set in the originating wallet is low
- Crypto received through a blockchain network requires confirmation. The speed of confirmation is determined by the amount in network fee your sender is ready to pay. As soon as the initial confirmation for the transaction is received, your balance will be updated.
- Deposit through contract
- Currently, VirgoCX does not support crypto deposits through contract. If you happen to send us crypto using contracts, the fund will not be automatically credited to your account. Please contact email@example.com for further assistance.
- Currently, VirgoCX only supports contract deposits for ERC-20 tokens. Tokens other than ERC-20 will require manual adjustments - resulting in delays. If you happen to send us crypto (except ERC-20 coins) using contracts, the fund will not be automatically credited to your account. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
- Scheduled maintenance on the VirgoCX platform
- During the scheduled maintenance period, VirgoCX will suspend all functions and services on the platform. This includes registrations, verifications, logins, deposits, withdrawals, and trading. Please actively monitor our social media and Official Website for maintenance notices.
- Memo of certain cryptocurrencies not included when depositing funds to a VirgoCX account, such as EOS and Stellar (XLM)
- When you establish EOS and XLM deposit addresses under your VirgoCX account, a unique and mandatory memo message is generated. Since all VirgoCX accounts utilize the same EOS and XLM address, including a memo message for your transactions is essential to determine which account a given transaction should be assigned and credited to. Failure to do so will result in the fund not appearing in your VirgoCX account.
We understand how stressful and frustrating it is when a cryptocurrency transfer goes missing. Retrieving the cryptos that are mistakenly taken would also require extra efforts for VirgoCX team. Therefore, VirgoCX will help retrieve the fund for a fee of 200 USDC per transaction for the scenarios below to cover costs incurred. If you do not have USDC in your account, you can choose either deposit to your account or buy on our platform.
- You have deposited the incorrect currency type to your VirgoCX account. For example, you accidentally deposited Bitcoin Cash (BCH) to your Bitcoin (BTC) address
- You have used the unsupported network to deposit cryptos to your VirgoCX account
- You have sent the unsupported coin (used to support by VirgoCX) to your VirgoCX account
If your missing deposit happens to one of these above situations, please kindly fill in the form. We aim to provide an update to you within 7-10 business days. Please do not send multiple support tickets, as this will cause delays in our response time.
Please be aware that VirgoCX will not be able to reclaim funds deposited to an address that is not held by VirgoCX. You'll need to get in touch with the receiving wallet's support team and provide the TXID as proof of the transaction so they can locate the funds on their site. The processing time to retrieve the fund varies per situation, please contact email@example.com for more details.
It says it was accepted but where is it
Please sign in to leave a comment.