Price alerts are a mobile-only feature that let you track when the price of a cryptocurrency moves up or down a certain amount. You can use price alerts to track cryptocurrency you hold or want to buy. Price alert can help you save some time on monitoring the markets
There are three types of price alerts you can set up.
- A Cryptocurrency reaches a specific price
- The price of a Cryptocurrency increases by a certain percentage
- The price of a Cryptocurrency decreases by a certain percentage
One-time: You will only receive a one-time notification when a coin goes above or below a price target.
Continuous: You will receive ongoing notifications when a coin goes above or below a price target.
Before you begin
- When a price alert triggers, we’ll send a notification to your mobile device. Please check your VirgoCX app notification preferences and your device notification preferences to make sure you can receive alerts.
- Your price alerts are maximum of 5 minutes delayed from real-time price. Enabling a price alert is not a guarantee that you will receive an alert when a Cryptocurrency reaches your target price.
There are two ways to create price alerts:
Creating price Alert from in-app settings:
1. Go to Account
2. Select Push Notifications
3. Select Price Alerts
- If you have no alerts set up then you will see this page below. Click the Add A Price Alert.
- If you already have price alerts set up, then you will see a page with a list of your alerts. Ensure that Allow Notification is enabled. Then click the bell icon in the top right corner.
- Select the Coin you want to create price alerts
- Select the coin you want to set your alert for and enter a target price or percentage, then click the Create Alert
- The price alert will show in the list of alerts.
Creating a price alert from trade/market crypto detail screen:
1. Go to Trade/Market
2. Select Pairs
3. Click on either the bell icon in the top right corner or the “NO ALERTS Add a price alert” text on the screen.
4. Next, click the Add a Price Alert
5. If you are an iOS user who does not have Notifications enabled for VirgoCX, you will be prompted to enable notifications. You must Allow notifications to be able to create price alerts.
6. Provided notifications are enabled on your device, the Create a price alert screen will show. Enter your target price and click the Create Alert.
7. The price alert will show in the list of alerts.
8. By default, all price alerts show in the Price Alerts list accessed from a coin detail page. For example, the user below has created many alerts.
Updating an alert
You can update an alert by clicking it from any of the Price Alerts list (either in your Settings or on a coin detail screen).
Deleting a price alert
You can delete an alert by clicking on the trash can icon for the alert, in the Price Alerts list.
Please sign in to leave a comment.